Frequently Asked Questions
- iMonitor EAM license related questions
- Antivirus related quesions
- Firewall related questions
- iMonitor EAM system requirements
- Supported network environments
- Database related questions
- Stealth monitoring questions
- What should I do if a Agent is offline
Install / Uninstall
- Install / uninstall iMonitor EAM
- Install / uninstall iMonitor EAM Agent remotely
- Install / uninstall iMonitor EAM Agent manually
- Install / uninstall iMonitor EAM Agent via Domain Group Policy
Blocking and Filtering
- Block websites
- Block applications
- Detect keywords in logs
- Limit application network traffic
- Disable removable storage
Database related questions
iMonitor EAM stores the collected logs on client computer or server computer?
iMonitor EAM can Monitor 1000+ client computers with 1 server, you can group the computers by departments or work places. All records will be collected from client computers and saved in server database.
Which database does iMonitor EAM use?
iMonitor EAM use its own file format database, you do not need to install other database like SQL server.
How can I locate the database folder? And how to change the location?
- Please login iMonitor EAM console, click Home -> Settings -> DB Settings, you will the database folder, and the database is on the EAM server.
- If you want to change the database folder, please please enter a new folder path and click OK. iMonitor EAM will copy all the existing records to the new database folder. According to the data size of the database, it may take 1-30 minutes to complete.
How about the offline laptop monitoring?
For example, employee with a laptop on a business trip. All offline logs will be stored on local disk during that time, and will be uploaded to the server automatically when the loptop can connect to the server.
How to backup database and how to view logs in backuped database?
- You can find the EAM server program icon in the Windows tray, right click it, and click Backup Database menu item. You can also backup the database manually, just copy the database folder and paste it to another position.
- If you want to view logs in the old datase, just install EAM program onto another computer, copy the old database to this computer and change the database path to the folder.
How long it takes, the log will be synchronized to the server?
- The default interval is 1 minute, we suggest you to change the LOG SYNC Interval according to the number of clients.
- 3 - 10, 1 minute
- 11 - 50, 5 minutes
- 51 - 200, 30 minutes
- 200+, 60 minutes